This course is open to all, even those who are not registered. However, you must register and login to take the post module quiz that must be completed with a passing grade of 80% or higher in order to receive a certificate of completion. Once logged in, you are also able to track your course progress.
This course will discuss best practices for data storage and safety including file naming standards, backup policies, and standard data storage practices. It will also discuss privacy considerations when dealing with anonymous vs. anonymized data from human participants/patients.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe why robust data storage practices matter
- Understand how to name and organize files
- Understand how to store and back up data effectively
- Create documentation/metadata
- Understand the importance of securing research participant data
- Understand data security procedures
- Apply minimum security requirements for electronic data/information
p policies, and standard data storage practices.